If, after upgrading to version 18.104.22.168, GeneSys fails to connect to the camera, the following steps can be taken to fix the issue.
- Open the Windows Start menu, then right-click Computer, and then click Manage. (You may be prompted to enter an administrator password if the account you used to log in does not have administrator privileges).
- The Computer Management dialog will open. On the left navigation panel, select Device Manager.
- Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers tab and locate the camera. The name will contain either “Synoptics”, “Atik” or “Artemis”.
- Right-click the camera and select Uninstall. The Confirm Device Uninstall popup will appear. Leave the Delete the driver software for this device unchecked, and select OK.
- From the Menu Bar select Action then Scan for hardware changes. The camera should now be added to list of Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Close the Computer Management dialog and Restart GeneSys. The camera should now connect.
If the camera does not connect please Submit a Ticket in our helpdesk.