These are the minimum system requirements for the original aCOLyte colony counter (aCOLytes with serial numbers of the form 2XXX-XXX).
For customers using a more modern aCOLyte 3 or aCOLyte 3 HD system please see this page instead.
Minimum System Requirements
- Intel Processor (Pentium 4, Pentium D, Celeron D, Pentium M, Core, Core 2 or Xeon). (We recommend 2GHz or higher Core 2 processor).
- 256 MB RAM (512 MB or more is desirable).
- 1024 x 768, 24 bit true colour graphics display.
- Sound card and speakers.
- CD-Rom drive (required for software installation).
- Two free independent USB 2.0 ports, at least one of which supports Hi-Speed mode.
- Note that there are three possible port speeds with USB 2.0:
- Lo-Speed (1.5Mbps)
- Full-Speed (12Mbps)
- Hi-Speed (up to 480Mbps). The aCOLyte camera requires a Hi-Speed port.
- Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit version.
- Note: 64 bit operating systems are not supported.
- Note: Service Pack 3 is not supported.