When attempting to install and use the aCOLyte software on 64bit Windows 7, you may be presented with the following error message:
camera not found or video drivers not installed correctly
It may be that your aCOLyte camera requires updated firmware and your Windows 7 operating system requires updated camera drivers.
The firmware and drivers can be downloaded from here.
The SHA-256 hash of the file is:
(You may ignore this if you don't know what it's for)
Having downloaded the zip archive, follow these installation instructions on your Windows 7 system:
- Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
- Ensure that the aCOLyte software is not running.
- Ensure the aCOLyte is not connected to the computer.
- In the extracted "Camera Driver" folder run the "setup.exe" program and follow the on screen instructions to install.
- Connect the aCOLyte to the computer (via USB).
- In the extracted "Camera Firmware" folder right click the "vrmfwupd.exe" file and choose to "Run as administrator".
- When prompted, hit "y" to start the update process.
- IMPORTANT: wait until "Finished." is displayed.
- Unplug the aCOLyte USB cable from the computer, then plug it back in again.
- Start the aCOLyte software. You should no longer be receiving an error message.